The legendary Lennox Jam night has been running for many years and brings musicians in from all around the Northern Rivers areas and beyond. Come on down, bring your instrument.
All are welcome who are looking to gain experience or just want to mingle with musicians.
“SOUNDS OF SUMMER: THE NEXT LEVEL” to be held at The Lennox Hotel.
Starting February 17th.
With this years winner receiving a priceless prize, I ask you:
Do you have what it takes to take it to the next level? Are you looking for that big break?
Can you see yourself playing in front of hundreds and thousands of fans?
Why wouldn’t you with a prize like this:
- The winner of the SOUNDS OF SUMMER THE NEXT LEVEL competition will receive an ALL expenses paid for return trip from their hometown to Sydney, NSW sometime in April (dates to be confirmed). Whilst in Sydney they will be playing 2 back to back gigs at the iconic Coogee Bay Hotel (www.coogeebayhotel.com.au) on a Saturday & Sunday night (2 hour sets) with deluxe accommodation supplied on site.
- A $2000 STORE DJ Voucher to purchase equipment appropriate to your needs.
- An Editorial and exposure in Reverb Magazines May edition as “Undiscovered Artist” promoting you and your style of play.
- A complete Skull Candy pack
- A pair of Skull Candy headphones
- A pair of Skull Candy headphones
To enter simply follow these steps:
Terms & Conditions
- Contestants must be of 18 years or older before commencement of competition (February 17th)
- The Lennox Hotel will supply 2 x Pioneer CDJ850’s + A Pioneer DJM800 Mixer + All PA & Lighting equipment. You are allowed to supply your own equipment (be it vinyl or whatever you prefer to use)
- You may be required to produce a demo tape and/or be asked to show your DJ skills prior to the commencement of competition to the event organizer.
- You are to arrive at The Lennox Hotel no less than 1hour before you are to play your set to ensure all equipment is working correctly and at your standard.
- Your equipment and personal belongings whilst competing at the hotel is of your responsibility at all times.
- Thus being a competition you will not be paid for your set or for your time.
- Your available for a 1 hour event introduction to be held Sunday 12th February, where you’ll be informed on how the event will run.
- Competition dates are as follows: – All heats/semi/grand finals will be held on a Friday night. The Grand final will be held over 2 nights, a Friday and Saturday (7 weeks total). You must be available to play on all of these date:
- Round 1 – 17th February
- Round 2 – 24th February
- Round 3 – 2nd March
- Round 4 – 9th March
- Semi final 1 – 16th March
- Semi final 2 – 23rd March
- Grand final – 30th March
You’ll find them lurking in the shadows, that’s if they don’t find you first…
Breaking ground with their smooth beats and raw vocals, recently formed The H Gang rivals a Joss Stone-Bill Withers-Norah Jones super group, with soulful lyrics and head-bopping grooves. The influence of funk from the 60s and 70s runs thick through their upcoming debut EP Natural Bridge, which, combined with their energetic and enchanting live acts, makes The H Gang feel more like an experiential and addictive drug, than a group of youngsters with insight beyond their years.
Raising the bar for Australian contemporary artists, this up and coming group, drawn together through their love of the all things hip and harmonious, will have you drinking wine alone on a Sunday evening and two-stepping your way around your lounge room in no time.
Acclaimed musician and song writer Dave Tice has lived the life of rock, punk and blues across Australia, UK and Europe since launching early metal band Buffalo in 1970.
Having worked Buffalo to cult status, Dave was invited to London where he fronted seminal UK R&B Punk band, The Count Bishops. They cracked the UK Top 40 with “I Want Candy” and toured extensively.
Partner in crime Mark Evans is former AC/DC bassist and now best selling author of his recently released memoir ‘Dirty Deeds’.
Mark traded his electric bass for Gibson acoustic guitars and drives his Rock’n'Roll roots through the rhythm of this hard-edged duo. Dave delivers smooth yet powerful vocals that are laced in deep undertones, drives guitars of the electric, acoustic and slide kinds, the songs are peppered with harmonica.
Dave Tice and Mark Evans separate careers have twined together to create music that cuts across genre and has evolved to it’s own through the years of performing in and around Sydney’s eclectic inner city districts.